Labels

"Погребок"- заготовки на зиму(canning) (82) Afternoon Tea-recipes and tradtions (41) All about Sushi rolls and more (2) appetizers (61) Baby Shower (2) Barbecue (45) Beauty (29) Bread and pizza (67) Breakfast Sunday Brunch (18) Bridal Shower and Wedding (8) burgers sandviches and toasts (22) Cake decorating and gum paste flowers (144) Cake pops and balls (35) cakes (197) canning (31) cheesecakes (31) Chocolate (38) Christmas (102) Coffee and Latte Art (22) Coffee cakes pies sweet breads (74) cookies (226) Cupcake Muffin Пирожное (62) Decorated cookies tutorials (48) Decorating Easter Eggs (19) Dessert (46) Easter (52) Easter and Spring (29) eggplants (3) eggs (11) Father's Day (4) Fish and seafood (30) French cooking (14) fresh fruits (6) gingerbread (68) Healthy Eating (32) Homemade gifts (3) Hапитки (30) Italian food (39) jams and jellies (33) Jello salads and desserts (17) Kашки (4) Kонфеты и другие сладости (42) Kремы-Buttercream-Frosting (4) Kрымские блюда (14) Main course (36) Main Dish (53) meringues зефир marshmallow pastilage (40) Mexican-Spanish food (34) Mothers Day (7) Mяско (59) Nutella (5) Olive Garden recipes (3) oranges (3) Oriental food (8) Oформление салатов (41) Pasta (16) plums (2) Potluck (6) Poultry (31) pumpkin (19) Pецепты Джейми Оливера (5) Pецепты Сталика Ханкишиева (37) Quinoa (5) Risotto Jambalaya Плов Paella (27) salads (123) Sauces Dips and Spreads (38) Saving money in the kitchen (4) Side Dish- гарнир (15) Slow-Cooker (9) soups (105) Summer recipes (12) Table setting etiquette(Сервировка стола) (67) Tagine-cuisine of Morocco (13) Thanksgiving and Fall (46) Tатарская кухня (6) Tесто (17) Valentines Day (36) Video-рецепты (20) Блины блинчики и оладушки (44) блюда в горшочках (23) Блюда из курицы (60) Блюда из теста (56) булочки (103) Вкусности из детства (63) Вкусные местечки-Sweet places (7) Детский праздник (29) Заготовки-полуфабрикаты (44) заливное и холодец (13) Запеканки и омлеты (11) история блюд и кулинарные истории (24) Котлеты Тефтели Голубцы и Перчики (58) Мороженое-Ice Cream (15) овощные заготовки (18) пирожки чебуреки беляши и т.д. (42) Пляцок (2) рулеты мясные и овощные (36) Сосиски и домашние колбаски (26) Старинные русские рецепты (38) Творожная выпечка (13) Узбекская кухня и Среднеазиатская (66) Хворост Крепли вергуны Пончики (25)

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Ron Ben-Israel Part 2 Plus My Blog Anniversary

First off I want to say thank you for a wonderful year of blogging.  Last week marked the one year anniversary of my little blog and I couldn’t be more amazed at how this last year went.  It was such an amazingly fun ride and I thank everyone who was a part of it.  I have enjoyed sharing my pastry journey with all of you so much and look forward to this next year!  I actually have quite the big news to announce soon, but I have to keep you waiting just a little bit longer…hopefully next week I can make the announcement!  
Well, enough about that…lets get to the last part of my wonderful Ron Ben-Israel class that I took.  I wanted to document every step of the class for you with my trusty camera (and I did), but unfortunately I have had complaints about posting too many images from the class and giving away too many details, so I had to refrain from putting on a lot of the photos that I had taken, since I don’t want to deal with any angry people.  Hopefully you will enjoy these photos though!  
First off is the finished sweet pea flowers.  After the flowers had dried over night we colored them with petal dust to make the flower look more realistic.  This definitely brings out the inner artist in you and ends up being a lot of fun.  
Then we made tendrils and wrapped our flowers in floral tape to make bouquets.  
Here was some of Ron’s sugar flowers and the cake that he and his assistant did for demo purposes.
And here are some photos of my bow-making process…I actually ended up doing the bow again that I am showing the pictures of since I wanted to get it even thinner and life-like, but at least you can see my process.  The first photo is the impression mat that I pushed into the sugar paste to make the ridges…this gave it the appearance of a gross-grain ribbon.  
Here are some photos of the ribbon making process for around the sides of the cake.  Using a metal ruler is a nice tool to have around to get crisp, even edges.
So as you can see I definitely veered away from my original sketch, but I wanted to incorporate all the techniques he was teaching and also keep a clean, modern look to the cake.  I actually think I am still going to change some aspects of the cake and add a little more detail to the top and bottom tiers, but since I didn’t have time in class here to do all my design ideas here are photos of the finished cake for now and when I add more details I will post the finished product.  
Thanks be to Ron for such a wonderful class!  I had an amazing time and learned so much!  

No comments:

Post a Comment