Labels

"Погребок"- заготовки на зиму(canning) (82) Afternoon Tea-recipes and tradtions (41) All about Sushi rolls and more (2) appetizers (61) Baby Shower (2) Barbecue (45) Beauty (29) Bread and pizza (67) Breakfast Sunday Brunch (18) Bridal Shower and Wedding (8) burgers sandviches and toasts (22) Cake decorating and gum paste flowers (144) Cake pops and balls (35) cakes (197) canning (31) cheesecakes (31) Chocolate (38) Christmas (102) Coffee and Latte Art (22) Coffee cakes pies sweet breads (74) cookies (226) Cupcake Muffin Пирожное (62) Decorated cookies tutorials (48) Decorating Easter Eggs (19) Dessert (46) Easter (52) Easter and Spring (29) eggplants (3) eggs (11) Father's Day (4) Fish and seafood (30) French cooking (14) fresh fruits (6) gingerbread (68) Healthy Eating (32) Homemade gifts (3) Hапитки (30) Italian food (39) jams and jellies (33) Jello salads and desserts (17) Kашки (4) Kонфеты и другие сладости (42) Kремы-Buttercream-Frosting (4) Kрымские блюда (14) Main course (36) Main Dish (53) meringues зефир marshmallow pastilage (40) Mexican-Spanish food (34) Mothers Day (7) Mяско (59) Nutella (5) Olive Garden recipes (3) oranges (3) Oriental food (8) Oформление салатов (41) Pasta (16) plums (2) Potluck (6) Poultry (31) pumpkin (19) Pецепты Джейми Оливера (5) Pецепты Сталика Ханкишиева (37) Quinoa (5) Risotto Jambalaya Плов Paella (27) salads (123) Sauces Dips and Spreads (38) Saving money in the kitchen (4) Side Dish- гарнир (15) Slow-Cooker (9) soups (105) Summer recipes (12) Table setting etiquette(Сервировка стола) (67) Tagine-cuisine of Morocco (13) Thanksgiving and Fall (46) Tатарская кухня (6) Tесто (17) Valentines Day (36) Video-рецепты (20) Блины блинчики и оладушки (44) блюда в горшочках (23) Блюда из курицы (60) Блюда из теста (56) булочки (103) Вкусности из детства (63) Вкусные местечки-Sweet places (7) Детский праздник (29) Заготовки-полуфабрикаты (44) заливное и холодец (13) Запеканки и омлеты (11) история блюд и кулинарные истории (24) Котлеты Тефтели Голубцы и Перчики (58) Мороженое-Ice Cream (15) овощные заготовки (18) пирожки чебуреки беляши и т.д. (42) Пляцок (2) рулеты мясные и овощные (36) Сосиски и домашние колбаски (26) Старинные русские рецепты (38) Творожная выпечка (13) Узбекская кухня и Среднеазиатская (66) Хворост Крепли вергуны Пончики (25)

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Cake challenge!


 

I know that you've waited for this for a long time, but here we are :-)
The BG-Mamma Forum's Cake Challenge is over! It's “ Judgment day” LOL!
You can see all of the wedding cakes here. The picture I've posted is of my cake, it is called “ Butterfly Bliss- Tandoori”. As you can see I am playing around a lot with my new camera :-) By the way you can leave comments under each cake from the challenge if you want, English or other language, it doesn't matter. :-)
The girls did an amazing job! The most difficult part now is the discussion and the criticism we have to give and receive :-)
Here are couple of words about my cake:
The bottom tier is an old-fashion coconut cake from the Dessert Bible with coconut buttercream ( just bake the coconut and add it to the buttercream), the top tier is mocca cake with chocolate cream with sliced almonds.
I had a lot of work with this one, especially because of the pipping- it took me 1 hour to actually make the inside lace on the cake. This was my first time working with embossers ( lace etc), it took a little bit of practice but at the end it was OK I think, for a first time :-)
The ball is plastic Christmas tree ball, that I covered with fondant and then “glued” it together with water. I cut the pieces of fondant with the embosser and placed them on top of the ball. The butterflies are fondant as well, a little bit of pipping there too.
Overall...my right hand was 3 sizes bigger ( I told you in the previous post how I had a stupid accident, but the pipping made it even worse), so I had trouble taking the pictures, but overall I am OK with the result, because it turned out exactly as I imagined!:-)
The other news is that I officially "left" Webshots and transfered my pictures at Flickr, so I have a new cake albums and collections if you want to see them.
I hope you enjoy it! :-)
 http://cakes.anniesartbook.com/2008/07/cake-challenge.html

No comments:

Post a Comment