Labels

"Погребок"- заготовки на зиму(canning) (82) Afternoon Tea-recipes and tradtions (41) All about Sushi rolls and more (2) appetizers (61) Baby Shower (2) Barbecue (45) Beauty (29) Bread and pizza (67) Breakfast Sunday Brunch (18) Bridal Shower and Wedding (8) burgers sandviches and toasts (22) Cake decorating and gum paste flowers (144) Cake pops and balls (35) cakes (197) canning (31) cheesecakes (31) Chocolate (38) Christmas (102) Coffee and Latte Art (22) Coffee cakes pies sweet breads (74) cookies (226) Cupcake Muffin Пирожное (62) Decorated cookies tutorials (48) Decorating Easter Eggs (19) Dessert (46) Easter (52) Easter and Spring (29) eggplants (3) eggs (11) Father's Day (4) Fish and seafood (30) French cooking (14) fresh fruits (6) gingerbread (68) Healthy Eating (32) Homemade gifts (3) Hапитки (30) Italian food (39) jams and jellies (33) Jello salads and desserts (17) Kашки (4) Kонфеты и другие сладости (42) Kремы-Buttercream-Frosting (4) Kрымские блюда (14) Main course (36) Main Dish (53) meringues зефир marshmallow pastilage (40) Mexican-Spanish food (34) Mothers Day (7) Mяско (59) Nutella (5) Olive Garden recipes (3) oranges (3) Oriental food (8) Oформление салатов (41) Pasta (16) plums (2) Potluck (6) Poultry (31) pumpkin (19) Pецепты Джейми Оливера (5) Pецепты Сталика Ханкишиева (37) Quinoa (5) Risotto Jambalaya Плов Paella (27) salads (123) Sauces Dips and Spreads (38) Saving money in the kitchen (4) Side Dish- гарнир (15) Slow-Cooker (9) soups (105) Summer recipes (12) Table setting etiquette(Сервировка стола) (67) Tagine-cuisine of Morocco (13) Thanksgiving and Fall (46) Tатарская кухня (6) Tесто (17) Valentines Day (36) Video-рецепты (20) Блины блинчики и оладушки (44) блюда в горшочках (23) Блюда из курицы (60) Блюда из теста (56) булочки (103) Вкусности из детства (63) Вкусные местечки-Sweet places (7) Детский праздник (29) Заготовки-полуфабрикаты (44) заливное и холодец (13) Запеканки и омлеты (11) история блюд и кулинарные истории (24) Котлеты Тефтели Голубцы и Перчики (58) Мороженое-Ice Cream (15) овощные заготовки (18) пирожки чебуреки беляши и т.д. (42) Пляцок (2) рулеты мясные и овощные (36) Сосиски и домашние колбаски (26) Старинные русские рецепты (38) Творожная выпечка (13) Узбекская кухня и Среднеазиатская (66) Хворост Крепли вергуны Пончики (25)

Friday, August 5, 2011

Valentine's Day Cookies

Ever since I came across this adorable photo on my friend Glory’s Flickr page, I have been dying to make cookie Valentines with my kids.

This is the photo that started it all…


The problem was, even though I know my way around a cookie cutter, I’m not so patient great with paper crafts.
So, late last Sunday night I called Glory for a last-minute, one-on-one, how-to on making printables.
Did I mention I have a one track mind? She tried to explain, but I was way more interested in the cookies I was working on than label designing. I zoned out pretty QUICKLY…
Luckily, I have GOOD understanding friends. Instead of letting me worry about it on my own, she designed some labels and posted them along with step-by-step instructions on her blog. {In other words she did the part I didn’t want to do and gave me written instructions so I could construct them}
*THANKS GLORY-BEE =)*
Yay for me, because with little effort on my part, I made these little cuties, and yay for you, because you can do the same! {click on the photo to get your FREE PRINTABLES from Glorious Treats}
As a beginning cookie Valentine-r, I did learn a few things this week that I would like to share to help others avoid some of the headaches I encountered…
  • Make simple cookies for kids. Save the masterpieces for grown up events.
  • Stock up on treat bags, small and large.
  • If it’s hard for you to fold cardstock cleanly, use a butter knife, or even better, use regular computer paper instead of cardstock. Then it’s easier for the kids to help staple {for some reason staplers intrigue my boys}
  • Since these toppers are a little small, if you have a child that still writes a little on the LARGE side like my Evan, keep a fine tip Sharpie handy. It’s WAY neater.
  • Print extras so that mistakes are no big deal.
  • Bite size cookies are a good idea for younger kids.
Before I go, I also wanted to show you one more set of cookies.

I was so inspired by The Celebration Shoppe’s free printables that I showed yesterday, I made some simple cookies to go with the owl version. {Click on the photo and then follow the instructions to get your printables}
To make the owls, I modified a tulip cutter by trimming off the middle petal. It made a perfect little owl. I hope this week gave everyone tons of ideas and inspired a weekend of fun baking with the kids!
By the way, I just noticed Glory posted a heavenly looking Cranberry White Chocolate Bar Recipe on her blog . Check it out. It looks like a good option for filling GROWNUP Valentine bags. While you’re there, tell her thanks for helping me with the technical part of this project. She deserves a medal for being patient with me =)

No comments:

Post a Comment